Click Like

The Gossip and Hip Hop Blog of Alexandria Louisiana. 

#CatchTheTea here and also on air on B 102 Jamz daily. 

Also check out #SpillinTheTeaTV

Friday, February 21, 2014

Kandi, Todd Tucker & Mama Joyce Take Their Relationship Drama To The View


We all watch the drama unfold every Sunday between Mama Joyce, Kandi, and Todd on the Real Housewives of Atlanta. If you are not familiar with the situation, Kandi's mother, Mama Joyce, does not care for Kandi marrying her fiance Todd Tucker. Mama Joyce claims Todd is not man enough for Kandi and generates accusations of Todd cheating on Kandi.

The Trio sit down with The View to give viewers more insight on the situation.

Catch the highlights:
Mama Joyce on why she doesn’t like Todd
Todd seems like a very nice person, and when I met him he seemed like a very nice person. But I have a problem with after his first job which was doing the Kim and Kroy wedding, he took like, two months off. Now I come from a family of men that worked. I had a problem with that. Also, he said that he was using part of his savings. When you are ready to be stepping up, I feel like you don’t need to use part of your savings to take two months off. That’s just my part.
[Whoopi chimes in and says that Mama Joyce is too old to be in this mess and needs to step back and let Kandi make her own decisions because she's grown]
Whoopi, I understand what you’re saying. If it was just Kandi, I would agree with you. But Kandi has a daughter. That’s who I’m worried about. If you would listen to last week, the week before last, Todd was on Andy’s (Cohen) show. He mentioned his daughter. He was asked about, ‘What do you think about the reactions [and] accusations that Mama Joyce had made about you and Carmen?’ He said, ‘Well the only thing that bothers me is that Carmen has this lovely son and I just hate what this is doing to her son and how this is effecting her son.’ But not one time did he say how this was effecting Riley.

Mama Joyce on if she started the rumors about Todd & Carmen

People called me. That’s not nothing that I started. That’s not nothing that I started or set out.

Todd on why he took two months off

First of all, I work for True Entertainment which produces “Housewives.” I was what’s called a line producer so I managed million dollar budgets. I’ve worked with Tyler Perry, I’ve worked with Oprah Winfrey, and when me and Kandi fell in love and we were like, we were going to move forward with this relationship, I had to give up my job. So I gave up my job. I told True, ‘Hey, I’m seeing Kandi. I’ma be up front with you guys,” and they said, ‘Hey, you know what? We don’t want to stop working with you. We’re going to give you the Kim show. I took the Kim show. The Kim show was over. After that show was over, as a freelance person — and this was the first time that I’ve gone without work — but as a freelance person we put money to the side because there are days, weeks, months that you may go without work as you’re looking for work. So in this new relationship in Atlanta, there’s a lot of work in Atlanta but it costs for you to travel. We didn’t want to do the travel thing so it did take a little longer for me to try to find work, but in the midst of that, I started my own production company and I just got a show that was green lit two days ago, so I’ve been working.

Todd on if he would really break up with Kandi over this

I think everyone has a breaking point. You know, the lies. That stuff is really tough. I have a mom and it effects my mother. It effects my daughter. It effects Kandi’s daughter. The other day Kandi’s daughter told Kandi, ‘I don’t like that he said he would leave you.’ And really, that was just my frustration of the situation, I wasn’t saying that to hurt her daughter.

Kandi on wanting her mom to ease up

I did not want to cry today. [tears up] I’m so mad at myself right now. Anyway, it’s very frustrating because it’s like, I love my mother to death and I do feel like my mother has done a lot in raising me and whatever, but I do feel like mom, you had kids, too, when you were dating. Your mother didn’t interfere with your relationships.[...]You still were able to make your own mistakes. I just feel like, I’m not one of those kids that you had to go bailing out of jail. You haven’t had to pay for anything for me since I was sixteen. And I just feel like you just treat me like I am just so stupid and I have no sense of responsibility, and I don’t think that’s fair.

Looking at the glass half full,  I understand both sides of the issue. Mama Joyce makes the statement about Todd being out of work for two months and calling him lazy for not working. In Mama Joyce's mind, if Todd does not work how can he provide for the family. Todd has since then moved to bigger and better things.

Now Mama Joyce has also made accusations of Todd cheating on Kandi with her assistant Carmen. As far as I know, no details have been revealed. Watch the clips below. What are your thoughts?