Click Like

The Gossip and Hip Hop Blog of Alexandria Louisiana. 

#CatchTheTea here and also on air on B 102 Jamz daily. 

Also check out #SpillinTheTeaTV

Friday, July 11, 2014

LeBron James Returning To Cleveland Cavaliers



The decison has been made, Lebron James is bringing his talents back home to the Cleveland Cavaliers. Lebron  revealed his decision via a letter on Sports Illustrated.


Lebron mentions  his why he chose to go back home;

Before anyone ever cared where I would play basketball, I was a kid from Northeast Ohio. It’s where I walked. It’s where I ran. It’s where I cried. It’s where I bled. It holds a special place in my heart. People there have seen me grow up. I sometimes feel like I’m their son. Their passion can be overwhelming. But it drives me. I want to give them hope when I can. I want to inspire them when I can. My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didn’t realize that four years ago. I do now. 


Lebron also addresses how his growing family had a huge impact on his decision;

 I always believed that I’d return to Cleveland and finish my career there. I just didn’t know when. After the season, free agency wasn’t even a thought. But I have two boys and my wife, Savannah, is pregnant with a girl. I started thinking about what it would be like to raise my family in my hometown. I looked at other teams, but I wasn’t going to leave Miami for anywhere except Cleveland. The more time passed, the more it felt right. This is what makes me happy. 

UPDATE: 07/14/14

Contracts have been signed and finalized, LeBron James returns to the Cleveland Cavaliers on a two-year contract for $42.1 million.